Saturday, April 2, 2011

March Madness

...meaning the OTHER March Madness...the insanely low prices during the month for bicycles from the previous model year! Seriously, if you're ever in the market to buy a new bike, do it in March. Your pocketbook will thank me.


Cynthia is now the proud owner of a 2010 Diamondback Lux Trail with a SRAM X-3 groupset, suspension fork, and disc brakes...plus it's purple and has flowers on it. yeah.

I got a new bike too. I've finally made the full transition from a mountain bike to a road bike. It's a 2010 Cannondale CAAD9 4 with a SRAM Rival groupset.

I was planning on building a bike instead of buying, but I test rode this and it was the greatest ride I've ever had. It's responsive, really light (16 lbs), wicked stiff but not harsh, and has perfect geometry for my size. Color me dork, I named it KITT.

I still have my old bike, Chaplin...but its role is now my winter/rain commuter bike. My bike commute time went down by 29% just by switching to the new bike. I'm also scheduled to ride my first century on it in early June!

No comments:

Post a Comment