Sunday, January 6, 2013

Best of Year Album - 2012

I've got to admit that Windows 8 really saved my bucket this year. I like to organize all of the year's pictures into one folder (2012) with a subfolder for each month. Each month contains all pics taken during that month with a standard naming convention: "Label YYYY-MM-DD ##". We have nine different cameras and only recently moved to one central storage location so getting everything in its place can prove quite challenging. But Win8 was incredible for moving all 6,132 files around. Hands down, the best organization OS yet. Anyway, enough gushing.

So, below is the hand-picked collection of our best photos of 2012. Normally these annual albums are about 75 pics long. But 2012 was HUGE so there are 158 pics this year. I could probably eliminate up to ten from that tally, but anymore would be difficult. There are just too many stories from the past year.

Our definition of 'best' is admittedly vague; the album contains our best shots, stories we want to tell, events to remember, pictures that strike an emotional chord, etc. You are left to guess for what reason the pic is included! As far as I can tell each image is chronological so the album is like watching our year in fast forward.

1 comment:

  1. OMGosh I love the picture of Davis with the frosting on his face. Talk about cute pudgy face and cheeks! LOL that picture is so cute and hilarious at the same time. Looks like 2012 was a busy year! Wish we could have come to visit. Hoping it works this year. If possible we will most likely come late June, July, in August. We are also planning on stopping in South Dakota. Nate and I were there 10 years ago this August when I was pregnant with the twins! Crazy how time flies. I also heard of some hot springs in Oregon! We'll have to see where those are. I'm sure its beautiful there! Oh and I love love love your house. Jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete