Sunday, January 6, 2013

Mosaic Madness

You know all those end-of-year things you have to do before you feel ready to tackle a new year? I'm finally getting through that list. I still have about 15 "Christmas" cards left to send out (now in danger of not even being New Year's cards), I have to organize our photos for 2012, settle the budget, etc. As tedious as that list can be, I always enjoy this next item: the creation of our family photo mosaic.

I've done this for five or six years now and four of those images are on the blog. I take all of the pictures from our family's history (now up to 29,913 images since 2002) and use them as a tile library for a photomosaic of our family photo. This particular image has 10,296 images, 1200 dpi, 5000 x 4000 pixels, and a 20% recolor. The final file is 19.8 megs!



Call me a family photo junkie, but I could spend hours zooming in and out of the image to see what it's made of. A few fun facts:

  1. The shape of TLC's nose is created by multiple images of rainbows. Her beauty is such that only rainbows and unicorns can compare. tee hee.
  2. Davis' vest is mostly made of photos that we've taken since moving to Oregon. I guess Oregon is greener than WI and UT. 
  3. We like knowing what our eyes are made of, so here's a list (one eye for each of us):
    • Dad - ducks at the WWII memorial
    • TLC - a car from a 1942 road trip
    • Jordan - a newborn Davis
    • Carter - Grand Canyon
    • Davis - Bryce Canyon

No comments:

Post a Comment