Thursday, October 22, 2009

Sentimental Photomosaic

It's become somewhat of a tradition that with each "official" family picture we take, I make a photo mosaic out of it using the pictures we've taken over the course of our marriage. This year, I had over 6,000 images in the tile library and 10,000 tiles were used to make the following photo mosaic.

Ta-da!

If a picture is worth a thousand words, this image is worth...(carry the one...raise to the power of...) 10,000,000 words. I love looking through this mosaic at a high zoom and reminiscing about all of the experiences the four of us have lived through together. Where's my box of tissue?

I already had one reader ask, so I'll tell you in advance. This image was made with AndreaMosaic (Win, Mac, and Linux) which is completely FREE. I've tried several photo mosaic utilities over the years, and I think this one is my favorite. There may be better, but not for the price. :)

Let me know if you make any masterpieces with the program. I can think of one friend that could probably make an amazing flower mosaic with flower photos...

4 comments:

  1. Oh. My. GOSH. That is quite possibly the coolest thing I have EVER seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I've got to try that!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I didn't really get it till I clicked on the photo and enlarged it. neato
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dad tried this with a couple of our photos. It is SO COOL!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete