Sunday, September 16, 2012

Raingutter Regatta



I have a cute Cub Scout, don't I!? Jordan had a great year as a Wolf earning his Wolf badge, 4 arrow points, going on a week-long day camp, and ending the year with...

THE RAINGUTTER REGATTA!!!!!

First of all, let me just say that I'm so glad we used the trimaran kits instead of the old crappy boat kit that sails much like a concrete slab with a rudder attached. The trimaran kits are incredible! SOOO much fun to put together and race on the big day.

Jordan designed every aspect of his ship and I think it turned out just beautifully. We spent a lot of time getting the runners just right and finishing it, but it was worth the sense of accomplishment in the end. We slightly modified the design by screwing the sail down to prevent it blowing in the wind - worked perfectly. Jordan had the fastest leg time by far, but was ultimately beaten when his boat got stuck to the side of the gutter. It was my fault - I positioned the boat (I was the MC) and I knew it was going to get stuck...but...c'est la vie.

I hope Jordan enjoyed time with his old man, because I have been released as an EQ teacher and will now be a Bear Den Leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment