Monday, April 13, 2009

Eggstatic

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend. Here was ours.

We were invited to a community Easter egg hunt with Faith/Tyce. The wind made things a little chilly, but it was fun all around. I love that picture of Jordan - he looks like an action hero. "Jordan stars this April in - The Egg Ultimatum"

"No one is to smile when taking a picture with the Easter Bunny, got that kids? No one!"

Here is Carter going down the slide after the egg hunt. The Easter Bunny went down right after that. Unfortunately, the windy slide was a little difficult for an adult (or large rabbit) to maneuver...the Easter Bunny lost his tail in the process!


Do you remember when we were kids and Paas dye kits had a whopping 6 colors of which only 4 worked? When did they decide that we need 9 colors and 3 bonus neon colors? We only had 18 eggs - I don't think we even used all the colors.
My favorite egg - Humpty Dumpty, post fall.
Cynthia's traditional rainbow egg at the top of the basket.

Jordan and Carter proudly display some eggs they personally made.
The boys on Sunday morning with their Easter baskets.

Aside from the candy in the baskets, we also got the Sorry Sliders game for the boys. It's pretty fun - kind of like a poor man's Crokinole.

Sunday afternoon we had a wonderful dinner with Faith/Tyce. Considering Tyce was ill, Faith is near delivery, and Faith's Mom was there, we were highly appreciative that they were willing to let us join in their Easter celebrations.

On a more personal level, I felt like this was a great Easter season for our family. We tried endlessly to help the boys focus on the atonement of Christ and they were a little more receptive than usual; even Carter was able to answer some our our 'find out' questions by the end of the week.

5 comments:

  1. Love the Humpty Egg.

    Does Cynthia always wear a coat dyeing eggs? Maybe you should turn the heat up a notch? :)

    That Easter Bunny looks scary. On a related note, in high school I had a job being the Easter Bunny in the mall. You might think it was awesome, but it wasn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I laughed so hard when I read your comment! I do look funny all bundled up in that coat. I really like to be warm! Really I was just being lazy and didn't want to take off my coat because I was planning on going to the store right after we finished.
    I would love to hear about your experiences being the Easter Bunny in the mall sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Cynthia! So glad you found me. :o) Looks like fun. We had the same egg coloring kit, and I couldn't believe all the colors. I think we managed to use all the colors at least once, but it used up every mug in our house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a wonderful Easter. I think I like the flourescent pink egg with white spots. I also love the humpty-dumpty one. How creative.

    ReplyDelete