Sunday, May 10, 2009

Look, Ma! I'm a social networker!

So, we've got a blog. Been up for a few months. I think I'm getting the hang of this. Time to move on to the next social networking internet sensation, right?

I'm on Facebook. Actually, I've been on there for well over a year. I finally got my first friend about two weeks ago. That's right, one year, one friend.

Then Cynthia signed up. In one day (that's one DAY not year, like me), she had 40 friends. Wow. I feel the love! But then I finally got friend number two - my wife.

Personally, I just don't get Facebook. The wall is messy and hard to read, I feel odd about begging people to be my super-cool-awesome-facebook-buddies. And it really feels like a waste of time to me. Plus, I've got to monitor all content on my account for professional reasons.

Which brings me to Twitter. As of a week ago I am a twitter-er...er. I started an account with the sole purpose of tracking study hours for my next professional exam. I've never been very good at tracking study time, so I thought Twitter would be an effective method. I was right, I've already got 7 hours 50 mins tracked.

But talk about a boring account! The user description says "tracking study hours. That is all". Every single tweet says something like "15 mins. 7 hours cumulative. Disability provisions, LTC, reserves." Snore! Which is why I'm really wondering why I already have two followers. Honestly...people must really not have anything better to do with their lives.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds fascinating! I'm definitely going to become a follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I (finally) joined Facebook a few days ago, it searched my e-mail for people that were already on Facebook. Guess it missed you. (Or I just don't have your e-mail address saved right!) I have now rectified this travesty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been on facebook since Feb and I find that it is designed poorly! Its a really neat concept but not implemented well. I have been working hard to get my first facebook friend that I actually attended High School with. Lets hope she accepts my friend request! poor poor pitiful me!
    NB

    ReplyDelete